Frequently Asked LERN Conference Questions
1. Do I need to sign-up for sessions? No, only for Pre-Conference sessions. Anyone can attend any regular session. If you are in a session that is not working for you, feel free to leave and go to another session.
2. Can I sign up for a pre-conference seminar now? Yes, we can register you with a credit card or a purchase order bill your institution via Purchase Order.
3. Is there WiFi? Yes, the Hall of Learning has free wifi for all conference attendees. General session and concurrent session rooms will not have wifi.
4. Where do I go if I have a customer service question? Go to the Registration Desk.
5. Where is the LERN Suite? The LERN Suite is on the 20th floor and is room number #20097. All Suite sessions as well as the President’s Reception will be held in the LERN Suite.
6. Can I get copies of the slides for sessions I am going to/went to? All the slides and handouts are available in the conference app and on the website https://guidebook.com/guide/24873/. You can print out handouts you want for upcoming sessions in the Exhibit Hall.
7. Where do I go if I want to learn more about LERN? Go to the LERN Membership Exhibit Booth in the Hall of Learning.
8. How does the snack bar work? In your Registration Envelope you were given complimentary tickets that you can use at the snack bar. If you run out of tickets, you can use cash at the snack bar. Each ticket is worth $ .50 toward the purchase of items at the Snack Bar. The Snack Bar is located in the back of the Hall of Learning. The hours of the Snack Bar are:
Friday, November 21st from 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
Saturday, November 22nd from 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
CLOSED ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd
9. Where can I purchase LERN publications? Go to the Publications Table in the Hall of Learning.
10. Do I have to take publications with me? No. We can ship them after the Conference but there will be a shipping charge added to your invoice.
11. I forgot to hand in my Session Evaluation Form, what do I do? Hand it in at the Registration Desk, or fax back to us at (888) 234-8633. All session evaluations are also available in the conference app.
12. Dinner Groups. We will not have organized dinner groups this year. Restaurant suggestions are available in the app and at the Registration Desk.
13. Can anyone go to lunches? No. When registering, you determined whether you were attending lunches. The following information is on a sheet that is enclosed in registration packets explaining the codes on name tags:
14. Please note that your name tag has a special code or two on it. Each represents your TICKET to a special Pre-Conference session or Luncheon that you registered for.
You MUST wear your name tag for admission to these sessions.
The admission codes are as follows:
LUNCHES – Admission to both Thursday & Friday luncheons
LUNCH THURS– Admission to Thursday luncheon only
LUNCH FRI– Admission to Friday luncheon only
BROCHURES – Admission to “Designing Brochures for Results” Pre-Conference session
NEGOTIATING – Admission to “Negotiating to Get More and Give More” Pre-Conference session
MARKET PLAN – Admission to “Developing Your One-Year Marketing Plan” Pre-Conference session
IMPROVING – Admission to “Improving Email Promotions” Pre-Conference session
BOOMERS – Admission to “Marketing to Boomers” Pre-Conference session
YOUTH – Admission to “Youth Programming & Summer Camps” Pre-Conference session
ILU – Admission to “Implementing the ILU” Pre-Conference session
CE CREDIT – Admission to “CE & Credit Programming” Pre-Conference session
15. Where do we meet for the Presidents Reception? The President’s Reception is on Friday, November 21st, from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Presidential Suite – Room #20097 on the 20th Floor.
16. Can I sign my spouse (or friend or other) up for the Awards luncheon? Yes, if tickets are available. Come and see us at the Registration Desk.
17. LERN LEADER EVENTS: LERN Leader Meeting and Future Leaders Meeting: For Leaders and conference participants interested in attending. Every year at our Annual Conference, LERN Leaders meet to discuss their ideas, the needs of their organizations, and to team with LERN in planning its goals to serve you – our members and clients.
When: Thursday, November 20th 3:30-5pm
Where: Asia 1
Agenda: The first hour is a state of LERN briefing and questions. In the remaining time you will meet with other members in the same institutional setting and discuss trends and issues, and ways LERN can serve members better.
18. How do CEUs work? At the end of each session you attend, you can complete the 5 question quiz. Each quiz you pass with a score of 80% or better you will be rewarded with .1 CEU credit. Specific details on how to access the CEU quizzes can be found in the Conference Overview handbook you received upon check in.
19. Can I get an attendees’ list from the conference? You can obtain a participants’ list after the Conference by contacting LERN at email@example.com.
20. What is the money from the silent auction used for? It is used to provide scholarships for people from developing countries and from programs with very low incomes so that they can send staff to LERN events.
21. Do I have to be at the auction when the winners are announced? No. You can be contacted after the conference so that you can pay for your item. We will mail it to you with a small additional charge for shipping.
22. Will there be an evaluation for the whole conference or only for the sessions? Session evaluations are handed out in each session. You can pick up an evaluation for the whole conference at the Registration Desk. We will also be sending out an evaluation online to all attendees post conference.