Your Top Leaders
Here’s your Senior LERN Leadership for 2015. They are your 30 top leaders, LERN members who are also some of the top practitioners with some of the most successful lifelong learning programs in North America.
The group meets twice a year. Each fall, they meet with other LERN leaders at the LERN Leader Retreat the day before the annual LERN conference each year. A second meeting is the annual Senior LERN Leader invitation-only retreat held in the spring. Photo: 2015-2016 Chair of the Board Rob Watters leading the Senior LERN Leaders in Tucson this spring.
If you want to become a LERN leader, 1) Attend the LERN Leader meeting at the annual conference. There’s no charge. Anyone is welcome. 2) Join a Leader Council and receive email updates and provide online feedback.
If you want to become a Senior LERN Leader, after one to two years of leader involvement request to become a part of the Senior LERN Leadership.
Now here’s your Senior LERN Leaders for 2015.
PARKS AND RECREATION
1. Cathy Noonan, City of San Jose, CA
2. Chuck Ramm, City of Temple, TX
3. Laura Guentner, Orange Community Education and Recreation, Pepper Pike, OH
4. Warren Bird, City of Garland, TX
5. Laura T. Wetherald, Howard County Department of Recreation and Parks
5. Rob Watters, ASQ, Milwaukee, WI
6. Gabriele Janes, Canadian Marketing Association, Toronto, ON, Canada
7. Sandra Parker, Insurance Brokers Association of Canada, Toronto, ON, Canada
8. John Casazza, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA
9. Cheryl Green-Pozner, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA
10. Michael Seppi, Parkway-Rockwood Community Education, Ellisville, MO
11. Monique Fortmann, Missoula County Public Schools, Missoula, MT
12. Kevin Stevenson, Edmonton Public Schools, Edmonton, AB, Canada
13. Cheryl Graber, St. Charles Community Education, St. Charles, MO
14. Wendy Evers, California State University San Marcos, San Marcos, CA
15. Paula Hogard, Framingham State University, Framingham, MA
16. Sherry Kuehn, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
17. Joe Miera, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
18. Rita Martinez-Purson, Dean Emeritus, University of New Mexico, Santa Fe, NM
19. James Fowlkes, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
20. Thomas Walker, Penn State University, University Park, PA
21. Susan Wirt, Columbus State University, Columbus, GA
21. Christina Draper, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
22. Daniel Thorpe, Langara College, Vancouver, BC, Canada
23. Kim Becicka, Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA
24. Elaine Chapman, Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
25. Djuna Forrester, Grayson College, Denison, TX
26. Michael Garamoni, College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL
27. Carla Hixson, Bismarck State College, Bismarck, ND
28. William T. O’Brien, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA
29. Marie Price, North Idaho College, Post Falls, ID
30. Mark Mrozinski, Harper College, Palatine, IL
30. Aaron Sauerbrei, Hawkeye Community College, Cedar Falls, IA