Director for Community Education and Personal Enrichment – Harford Community College – Bel Air, MD
HARFORD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bel Air, MD
Director for Community Education and Personal Enrichment
The Director for Community and Education and Personal Enrichment provides leadership, vision, and management for community education and engagement programs, the Fitness Center, and aquatics facility; upholds fiscal stewardship; and serves as the College liaison to internal and external stakeholders.
Duties include, but are not limited to, developing and implementing proactive strategies to achieve program goals, enrollment targets, and student retention; collaboratively guiding operations to ensure programming meets student, community, and employee needs; developing and monitoring organizational operations and instruction budgets, including setting and achieving enrollment and revenue goals; and hiring, training, supervising and evaluating full- and part-time staff. Other duties include serving on College committees, groups, and task forces, and as liaison to internal and external stakeholders.
This is an exempt, professional staff position reporting to the Dean of Community Education, Business, and Applied Technology.
A master’s degree in Business, Community Education, Education Leadership, or related field, or a bachelor’s degree in such fields with appropriate professional certification; and a minimum of three years of experience in continuing education and/or training leadership.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including, but not limited to:
- experience in developing and implementing comprehensive community education and personal enrichment programs that meet community needs and grow revenue and enrollments
- experience in building robust collaborative partnerships in public and private sectors
- demonstrated competency with and ability to utilize current technology to deliver high-quality online learning environments
- advanced knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles and procedures associated with the development, administration, and implementation of noncredit courses and curriculum related to continuing education, services, and programs
- excellent project management skills, including data and financial analysis
- excellent communications skills
- ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility with internal personnel and external partners
- experience in managing multiple budgets and operating programs at a profit
- a vision and plan to advance continuing education and training now and in the future
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For best consideration apply online at http://ww2.harford.edu/HR/JobsFolder/61-2020.asp by October 10, 2019.