Education Specialist – Mt. Cuba Center
The Education Specialist is responsible for the development, design and implementation of Mt. Cuba Center’s adult/continuing education offerings, onsite and through distance learning. The Education Specialist collaborates with the Education and Guest Experience team to grow program offerings while increasing participation and revenue.
Oversight of Adult Education Programs:
• Implement strategic initiatives under the direction of the Education Manager. Work with the Education Manager and Director of Education and Guest Experience to identify opportunities to expand audience, grow programming, increase revenue, and further MCC’s mission.
• Oversee MCC’s adult continuing education offerings and certificate programs, both onsite and through distance learning.
Course Development and Curriculum Design:
• Develop and deliver educational programming designed to inspire an appreciation for the beauty and value of native plants and a commitment to protect the habitats that sustain them.
• Identify, recruit, and oversee outside instructors. Work with instructors to ensure course content is appropriate for MCC. Manage instructor relations including contracts and payment.
• Prepare a suite of educational offerings for bi-annual public program guide that meets objectives for the number of diversity of programs.
Program Support & Administration:
• Oversee MCC’s learning management system for delivering course materials to students.
• Design digital and print collateral to support MCC’s educational efforts.
• Work with Guest Experience staff to coordinate program enrollment, evaluate the success and efficacy of MCC’s adult education offerings, and plan program logistics.
• Collaborate with Education & Guest Experience staff to support public programming efforts, under the direction of the Education Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, horticulture or related field and minimum two years’ experience developing and delivering educational programming.
• Broad horticultural/ecological knowledge required; knowledge of plants native to the Eastern United State preferred.
• Exceptional writing, communication, presentation and organization skills
• Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Adobe Suite is preferred, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with staff and the public.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software and hardware applications to support programming efforts.
• Self-motivated, attentive to details, and the ability to work effectively without close supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. • Must have a valid driver’s license and complete van driver certification within 90 days of hire.
Please note this is a full time, exempt position. Interested candidates should apply directly via
https://mtcubacenter.org/employment/ or contact Madelyn Underwood, Director of Human Resources, with questions via email@example.com.