The Marketing Institute will:
- Provide you the knowledge and skills to improve and integrate your marketing efforts.
- Provide you winning strategies for increasing the performance of your direct and digital marketing promotions.
- Provide you a template for planning your promotion campaigns.
The Marketing Institute is an intensive training giving you proven ways to plan your marketing efforts, take the guess work out and make marketing as scientific and cost-effective as possible.
Optional: CMP Exam
You can take the Certified Marketing Planner (CMP) exam on Friday morning following the Marketing Institute or you can take the exam at a later date at your office with a local proctor.
This is one of LERN’s four core institutes in LERN Curriculum. It is recommended for the best foundation.
Positioning Your Program for Great Success
· Find out how to determine your unique selling proposition (USP)
· Set your program’s marketing direction by using your USP, mission, vision and organizational values
Who Are Your Customers
· Market segmentation and how to build demographic profiles for each segment
· Understand why there is no thing as an average customer
Market Analysis Strategies
· Discover how to analyze your competition
· Use enrollment analysis statistics to grow participation and revenue
The Finances of Marketing
· Know the percentage of your budget you should be spending on promotion
· Benchmarks you need to be tracking and matching up to, such as promotion: registration ratio and half-life
· Be able to determine the ROI of your promotion efforts
· Promotion data you need to be collecting, how to extract and analyze, and the reports you should run
· Discover why you must know customer lifetime value, recency, frequency, monetary value and repeat rate
· Learn how to do generational marketing and why you must collect birth years
Direct Mail & Digital Marketing
· Understand how to mix both inbound and outbound marketing including the right amount of direct mail and digital marketing
· Learn how to design effective brochures and websites, as well as email templates and social media posts
· How to use carrier routes and postal codes to generate new customers
Your Market Plan
· A step-by-step plan for building a one-year market plan all staff can follow
· Know the right mailing dates and how many emails to send and social media comments to post
· Understand how LERN’s Promotion Tracking Tool can improve your marketing efficiency and on-time percentage
The Management of Your Marketing
· The job responsibilities of a marketing professional
· Who really is responsible for marketing and understand the term “think marketing”
William A. Draves is LERN’s President and the foremost authority in lifelong learning marketing, including data analysis, finances, and target marketing.
Katie Lynch-Morin is a leading researcher and presenter on digital marketing with expertise in social media, digital marketing, and content marketing.
Brendan Marsello is LERN’s brochure and data analysis specialist, including critiquing 200 brochures and analyzing 150 data files each year.
Chicago: The LERN Chicago Institutes will take place in Rosemont, Illinois due to easy access both nationally and internationally.
Rosemont is home to O’Hare Airport.
The hotel offers complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from the Shuttle/Bus Center located near Terminal 2 at O’Hare Airport approximately every 20 minutes. The CTA Blue line has stops near the hotel at the Rosemont Station and at O’Hare Airport.
To make reservations call (847) 696-1234 or (800) 233-1234. The rates are $174 Single, $189 Double, $204 Triple and $219 Quad. The rate includes breakfast. Reservations must be made by March 13, 2017 for LERN Group Discount Rate.
Hyatt Regency O’Hare
9300 Brynn Mawr Avenue
Rosemont, IL 60018
Registration Fee: The fee is $995 for LERN members and $1,195 for non-members.
Early Registration Discount: There is a $100 early registration discount for those registering at full rate by Feb. 1, 2017.
Second Person: Bring a second person from your program for a discount price. The second person can attend any Institute. The second-person fee is just $795 for LERN members and $995 for non-members. Not eligible for early registration discount.
Cancellations & Substitutions: Cancellations and substitutions must be requested in writing. Email is acceptable. Cancellations made prior to Feb. 20, 2017 will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after that date will be charged a $100 administrative fee. No refunds if cancellation is after March 20, 2017. If substitute is not a LERN member, additional fees may apply.
Credit Terms: Organizational purchase orders will be accepted in lieu of payment to hold your place. Our credit terms are net 30 days. There are no discounts given for early payment. Please note: All fees must be paid in full in order to attend the Institutes.
There Are 5 Easy Ways to Register
#1. Register Online
#2. Register by Email: Send your registration information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#3. Register by Fax: Complete the Registration Form and fax it, toll-free, 24 hours a day to (888) 234-8633.
#4. Register by Phone: Have your Registration Form ready and call Tammy at (800) 678-5376. The phones are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time Monday-Friday.
#5. Register by Mail: Complete the Registration Form and mail it to:
LERN Chicago Institutes Registration
P.O. Box 9, River Falls, WI 54022