Project Lead, Micro Credentials & Career Transitions – Olds College
Position Type: Full-Time, 1 year contract
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is selected
Location: Olds, Alberta
Olds College is seeking a motivated and forward-thinking candidate for the Project Lead, Micro Credentials & Career Transitions role. Through this 1-Year Pilot, the incumbent will be responsible to advance multiple areas relating to Career Development at Olds College including: Micro-credentials, Co-Curricular Record Program, Career Services, and Work-Integrated Learning.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Work with campus stakeholders and industry partners to identify and lead the development of viable microcredential opportunities;
– Along with campus stakeholders, review appropriate microcredential management platform(s) and make a recommendation for implementation;
– Gather relevant stakeholder feedback and review the Olds College Co-Curricular Record program and make recommendations to enhance its effectiveness;
– Develop a 3-year Career Services Plan based on feedback from key stakeholders including the Student Association of Olds College (SAOC), Faculty, Office of the Registrar and Career Professionals;
– Review Work-Integrated Learning at Olds College and make recommendations to improve the student experience and outcomes while providing consistent experiences across programs and schools;
– Analyze Provincial Labour Market and Graduate Outcomes Data while identifying gaps in Olds College data and create reports for campus stakeholders;
– Develop an internally driven Graduate Employment Outcomes Survey Framework;
– Enhance and build industry connections to expand customized contract opportunities for companies and associations;
– Work with campus stakeholders including the Teaching and Learning Centre of Innovation and Continuing Education to facilitate ongoing programming needs including participating in the Olds College IDEA Process, needs assessment and market research processes to identify opportunities for programming growth;
– As a pilot program we anticipate that this role may evolve and other duties may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred; equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered. They will have proficient computer skills and experience with web-based tools and software such as the Microsoft Office. Two or more years of experience with data base and reporting systems would be considered an asset. This position will require the incumbent to work independently as well as be a strong team player.