The American Society of Civil Engineers Job Opening
Managing Director, Continuing Education
The American Society of Civil Engineers is currently searching for a continuing education professional with association experience to lead and manager the Society’s Continuing Education program and offerings, develop and implement strategic business plans, identify new business opportunities, develop new programs and products, and ensure compliance with ANSI/IACET. Position is also responsible for mentoring and managing staff, overseeing market research and marketing plans, and serving as staff liaison to the Committee on Continuing Education.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing strategic objectives and business plans and Integrating them with division budget and program development
- Determines fees for all Continuing Education programs/products
- Benchmarks Continuing Education financial performance
- Identifying, creating, and analyzing new product and market opportunities
- Determining what programs/services should be introduced, revised, expended, or terminated to enhance value and service to members, increase participation in the Society’s Continuing Education program, and to improve financial performance
- Developing marketing plan working with the MD, Membership, Marketing and Sales
- Managing, recruiting, mentoring and developing qualified staff
- Ensuring compliance with the ANSI/IACET Standard for Continuing Education and Training
- Working with the volunteer committee to ensure that ASCE Continuing Education programs/products are responsive to members’ needs and are of top quality.
- Negotiating instructor contracts, vendor contracts, partnership agreements with other societies/associations, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in an advanced specialized field
- 15 years’ experience successfully managing a significant ($2million plus) education program for an association or professional society
- Demonstrated success leading teams in the development and delivery of continuing education offerings
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Excellent project management, critical thinking, and organization skills
- Demonstrated success leading and developing people and teams
ASCE is a nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of civil engineering in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE’s mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
For consideration, submissions of interest must contain a resume and cover letter w/salary requirements.
To submit resume and cover letter go to: https://asce.applicantpro.com/jobs/897936.html