2023 LERN International Awards
You are invited to submit nominations for the 2023 LERN International Awards. The nomination deadline to receive your submission is Nov. 1, 2023.
LERN will recognize excellence in the following areas of practice:
- Brochure Design
- Management Practice/Operations
- Program Development
- Business and Industry (Contract Training/Prof. Development)
- Community Service
Documentation of impact and completeness of description will enhance your chances of success. Please circulate this to others in your department who may wish to submit a nomination.
This can include new or improved techniques you have implemented in the areas of front/back cover design, table of contents, copy, graphics, layout/design, registrations and any aspects you consider noteworthy. Please note in your submission which areas of the literature you consider exemplary. The judges will look at the publication as a whole as well. Four copies must be submitted for each entry to be considered. Include any documentation you may have regarding the effectiveness of your literature, such as:
• Increased Enrollment
• Increased Revenue
• Response from Participants
• Increased Media Response
This category includes any programs that are creative, innovative or exemplary. In addition, they may have provided new direction for your organization or allowed you to serve new populations. These may be individual courses, seminars, events or a series directed at a specific population, age group or interest group. Documentation will increase the quality of your sub- mission so be sure to include:
• Number of Participants
• Participant Fees
• Cost of Program
• Income Generated
• Narrative on why the Program is exemplary
Give a brief description of why the marketing effort was successful. The more documentation you can provide, the more competitive your submission will be, so be sure to include the following:
• Response Rate
• Return on the Dollar
• Increase in registrations or income over previous years, or any means by which you measure success.
This category recognizes innovative and replicable procedures for the following:
• Staff Manuals
• Exemplary Operations Procedures
• Staff Training Innovations
• Restructuring for efficiency
• Other practices, training, and procedures that promote sound management
This includes Contract Training Programming, professional and workforce development. Nominations for exemplary and replicable activities include:
• Sales Kits and Stategies
• Program Development
• Brochure Design
Only given at discretion of LERN judges.
This category recognizes your outstanding contribution to the community, whether it is a group or individual effort. The program itself, a staff person, teacher or participants may be nominated.
This is an area of growing importance. Though the judges will look at the page as a whole, please note in your submission which areas of your Home Page you consider exemplary. Your submission needn’t include the actual web page, only the address. LERN will print the necessary color copies of your pages to review for judging. Please document on your entry how your Home Page has affected your pro- gram and/ or enrollments. Follow- ing are the five areas the judges will consider in their review of your Home Page entry:
• Graphic Design
TO SUBMIT AN AWARD
1. Gather all information needed from the checklist provided.
2. Email your submissions firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Be Mindful of the following:
- The most competitive entries will be those that include details of how the nomination affected the program’s performance. Include cost savings, increased participation or increased income.
- The judges may determine in what category your nomination will be most competitive.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- First Place award recipients will be notified prior to the LERN Annual Conference. Awards for first place will be presented to the winners at the Annual Conference.
- No late entries will be accepted. Entries must be complete as submitted. All entries must be submitted by Nov. 1, 2023.
Tips for a successful nomination
Each year, LERN receives more than 200 submissions. In order to be competitive it is important that you provide complete information and any data you may have to document the outcomes of your initiative as well as a clear statement about why your nomination is innovative or how it can be replicated in other communities.
Submissions must be emailed by Nov. 1, 2023.