Frequently Asked LERN Conference Questions
- How do I download the conference app? Come to the registration desk. There will be instructions there, and LERN staff can provide help if you need it.
- Do I need to sign-up for sessions? No – only for Pre-Conference sessions. Anyone can attend any regular session. If you are in a session that is not working for you, feel free to leave and go to another session.
- Can I sign up for a pre-conference seminar now? Yes-we can register you with a credit card or a purchase order and bill your institution. We prefer to have payment prior to your attending the event.
- Is there Wi-Fi? Yes, the Hall of Learning has free Wi-Fi for all conference attendees. General session and concurrent session rooms will not have Wi-Fi.
- Where do I go if I have a customer service question regarding the conference? Go to the Registration Desk.
- Can I get help with customer service related to my membership or LERN Services? Yes, see Tammy or Lyndsay at the LERN membership booth in the exhibit hall.
- I would like to talk with a LERN consultant. Can I set up a time to do that? You can stop by the LERN Consulting Booth in the Exhibit Hall and talk with some of our experts who are there.
- Can someone advise me on the most valuable sessions for me to attend? If you would like some help in deciding which sessions to attend, stop by the LERN consultant booth and visit with some of our experts and presenters.
- Where is the LERN Suite? All Suite Sessions, as well as the President’s Reception, will be held in the LERN Suite. Please inquire at the Registration Desk for exact room number of the LERN Suite.
- Can I get copies of the slides for sessions I am going to/went to? All the slides and handouts are available in the conference app and on the website http://guidebook.com/guide/40445. You can print out handouts you want for upcoming sessions in the Exhibit Hall.
- Where do I go if I want to learn more about LERN? Go to the LERN Membership Exhibit Booth in the Hall of Learning.
- How does the snack bar work? In your Registration Envelope you were given complimentary tickets that you can use at the snack bar. If you run out of tickets, you can use cash at the snack bar. Each ticket is worth $ .50 toward the purchase of items at the Snack Bar. The Snack Bar is located in the back of the Hall of Learning. The hours of the Snack Bar are:
- Thursday, December 3rd from 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Friday, December 4th from 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
- CLOSED ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5TH
- Where can I purchase LERN publications? Go to the Publications Table in the Hall of Learning.
- Do I have to take publications with me? We can ship them after the Conference but there will be a shipping charge added to your invoice.
- I forgot to hand in my Session Evaluation Form, what do I do? Hand it in at the Registration Desk, or complete the evaluation form using the LERN conference app. You can also fax the form to us at (888) 234-8633 after you return to your office.
- Dinner Groups. We will not have organized dinner groups this year. Restaurant suggestions are available at the Registration Desk. Feel free to set up your own group with other attendees.
- Can anyone go to the LERN lunches? Only those who have paid for the lunches can attend the luncheons. If you would like to register for a luncheon, please visit the conference Registration Desk.
- Are we doing this again? Please note that your name tag has a special code or two on it. Each represents your TICKET to a special Pre-Conference session or Luncheon that you registered for.
You MUST wear your name tag for admission to these sessions.
The admission codes are as follows:
LUNCHES – Admission to both Thursday & Friday luncheons
LUNCH THURS– Admission to Thursday luncheon only
LUNCH FRI– Admission to Friday luncheon only
BROCHURES – Admission to “Designing Brochures for Results” Pre-Conference session
LEADING – Admission to “Leading Extraordinary Customer Service” Pre-Conference session
MARKET PLAN – Admission to “Developing Your One-Year Marketing Plan” Pre-Conference session
EMAIL – Admission to “Serious Email Marketing” Pre-Conference session
CONTRACT TRAINING – Admission to “Contract Training” Pre-Conference session
YOUTH – Admission to “Youth Programming & Summer Camps” Pre-Conference session
CE CREDIT – Admission to “Dynamic Tools for Building Your Credit Offerings” Pre-Conference session
OPERATIONS – Admission to “Operations and Staffing” Pre-Conference session
- Where do we meet for the Presidents Reception? The President’s Reception is on Thursday, December 3rd, from 4:30 P.M. -5:30 p.m. in the Presidential Suite. You can inquire about room number for the Presidential suite at the conference Registration Desk.
- Can I sign my spouse (or friend or other) up for the Awards luncheon? Yes, if tickets are available. Come and see us at the Registration Desk.
- I didn’t sign up for the luncheons. Can I do that now? If there are tickets available, you can sign up and pay to attend the lunches at the registration booth.
- I cannot attend the social event I signed up for. Can I get a refund? No. We have to guarantee and pay for each participant, and LERN cannot be reimbursed. You can sell your event ticket to someone else, post a notice on the message board, tweet the availability of your ticket, etc.
- LERN LEADER EVENTS:
LERN Leader Meeting and Future Leaders Meeting: For Leaders and conference participants interested in attending. Every year at our Annual Conference, LERN Leaders meet to discuss their ideas, the needs of their organizations, and to team with LERN in planning its goals to serve you – our members and clients.
When: Wednesday, December 2nd, 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m.
Agenda: The first hour is a state of LERN briefing and questions. In the remaining time you will meet with other members in the same institutional setting and discuss trends and issues, and ways LERN can serve members better.
- How do CEUs work? At the end of each session you attend, you can complete the 5 question quiz. Each quiz you pass with a score of 80% or better you will be rewarded with .1 CEU credit. Specific details on how to access the CEU quizzes in the conference app can be found in the Conference Overview handbook you received upon check in.
- Can I get an attendees’ list from the conference? You can obtain a participants’ list after the Conference by contacting LERN at email@example.com.
- What is the money from the silent auction used for? It is used to provide scholarships for people from developing countries and from programs with very low incomes so that they can send staff to LERN events.
- Do I have to be at the auction when the winners are announced? No. You can be contacted after the conference so that you can pay for your item. We will mail it to you with a small additional charge for shipping.
- Will there be an evaluation for the whole conference or only for the sessions? Session evaluations are handed out in each session. You can pick up an evaluation for the whole conference at the Registration Desk. We will also be sending out an evaluation online to all attendees post conference.